After you get your product sample from the manufacturer, and you decide that this is the one you are going with. It’s then time to move to the next step. But first, you need to learn a little bit more about the factory you plan to do your business with.
Questions You May Want To Ask Your Manufacturer:
- Where is your factory located?
- How many workers do you have working in the factory?
- What is your monthly and yearly production volume?
- What is your main product/product line?
- Who are your customers overseas? Which country or continent?
- Who is your target market?
- Can you print our brand’s logo on the product?
- What is your lead time?
- Can you manufacturer the product according to our size and color requirements?
- What products are export ready? Any certifications such as CE, FCC, FDA, ISO 9001 etc.
We wanted to confirm that we received the samples today. Over the next couple of weeks, we are going to be meeting with many of our customers to discuss your products and potential plans to move forward with larger purchases. We will certainly keep you updated on our plans.
We did have a few questions in the meantime:
1) Do you provide OEM service (logo)?
2) Can you manufacture according to specific size and color requirements? (For example if we wanted to purchase 5 different products, each with 5 colors and 3 sizes.)
3) What are the minimum order quantities (MOQ) and lead times for bulk orders?
4) How do you deal with product quality issues? For product 123456, the zippers were very difficult to fasten and ended up breaking in one instance. For most products, we prefer one piece (like 654321) instead of two pieces to make the assembly process as easy as possible for our customers.
My name is Brendan and I’m the purchasing agent for ____________.
We are in the process of adding a (NAME OF PRODUCT) to our product line and your product seems to be what we are looking for. The model number is (INSERT MODEL NUMBER). We would start out with a custom design test order with our design artwork on each unit. So it will be an ODM order.
I have a few questions.
- What are your pricing tiers (1-500, 500-1,000, etc.) and quantity pricing discounts with a custom ODM order? Please quote us including laser printing in Black of our logo on each unit, custom full-color 300dpi laser printing on each package box design, the box and all box packaging contents.
- Do you offer samples and how much for 2 samples with a plain white box including DHL Express Shipping to United States zip code xxxx? How much for 2 samples in a plain white box with logo laser printed in Black on each unit, including DHL Express Shipping to United States zip code xxxx?
- Available certification (FDA, CE, RoHS, FCC, GS, etc.)? Please send me certifications scan copy of each that you have for this product so I can see proof. Can you send me your Certification Logos for (NAME OF PRODUCT) in JPEG so I can put on our product box design?
- Does your factory have Quality Management Systems (QMS) in Place (ISO9001:2000 Certification, etc.) to make sure goods are quality inspected before shipment? Can you email me a report upon completion of the goods?
- Please send me scanned copies of your business license and company & factory standard (ISO-9001, etc.) so we can see proof.
- How long does it take to receive a sample?
- Payment Terms (PayPal, Escrow, T/T (Alibaba Trade Assurance), Western Union, etc.)?
- Can we change the color?
- Can we customize the package design box? Can we do laser printing in black color on the unit with our own logo? Do you charge extra for this? What are the options to have our logo put on the unit (laser printing, painting, hot stamping, screen printing, etc.)?
- What is the total cost per unit for each pricing tier including our logo laser printed in black on the unit, the product box, all box contents (plastic sleeves, etc.), high resolution full-color 300dpi laser printing on our custom package box design and with shipping by DHL Air Express to United States Zip Code xxxxx?
- What is your Lead time?
- Are you aware of the following specific United States customs regulations for markings on cartons and how to properly label cartons for exporting (please see product carton markings attachment to this email for example of what we are looking for):?
– Shipper’s mark
– Weight (in pounds and in kilograms)
– Number of packages and size of cases (in inches and centimeters)
– Handling marks (international pictorial symbols)
– Safety markings such as “This Side Up” (in English and in the language of the country of destination)
– Port of entry
– Product description (a short description is sufficient and should be in the language of the destination country)
– Country of origin (CHINA)
- Are you aware of specific United States customs regulations for product labels that need to be applied on product itself with basic information, such as rating labels (please see product label and rating examples in attachment to this email of what we are looking for)?
- Can we modify product to make it slightly better and more durable if need be? If so, does it cost extra per unit? How much more per unit?
- How is product packed individually?
- Do you have design template files in Adobe Illustrator (AI) format used to create artwork for product box and product unit? That way we can edit exact design in our computer program.
- Do you have High Quality clean product .JPG photos of the (NAME OF PRODUCT) Model Number (INSERT MODEL NUMBER) so we can design box? We are referring to pictures here: (INSERT LINK)
- What is the factory’s printer resolution when printing package design on box? Is it 300 dpi or 200 dpi? Does the factory do laser printing on package design?
- Do you as the manufacturer provide product warranty for each piece for us, such as a 1 year warranty? If so, please explain how it works.
- Are you able to email us a picture of the product with our logo and packaging BEFORE mass production is started? That way we can see what our packaging design will look like printed.
- When the production is done and after printing on the boxes is complete, can you use a barcode scanner to scan our FNSKU barcode printed on a few of the finished (NAME OF PRODUCT) boxes? That way we know the barcode is working and is readable by the scanner.
- What is the 10 digit HTS code of the (NAME OF PRODUCT) so we can calculate the import duty rate into the United States?
- In order to protect all goods during shipping, can we get a thicker carton or packaging box for the goods? Is that possible? We would like the goods to arrive in good shape without damage.
- What test and inspection companies do you work with?
- Please send us photos of the factory or company presentation (PDF/PowerPoint) and sample products.
- Who are your current customers in the United States?
Our first order of 500 will be a small test order and in the future will be ordering between 1,000 to 5,000 units.
Can we order 500 units for the first order?
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank You and Best Regards,
____________.- Purchasing Agent